What is MasterPlex?
MasterPlex is a flexible quality control, curve fitting, graphing and reporting software package for xMAP® quantitative data sets. The MiraiBio group of HITACHI has been offering MasterPlex software as a value-add to the Luminex xMAP and Bio-Rad Bio-Plex systems for 10 years.
Why would I use MasterPlex?
1. You like to tweak your curve fitting settings: MasterPlex is great for labs that want to standardize on one curve fitting model equation (see the section on templates below) but it does really well for users that like to get their “hands dirty”. In fact, MasterPlex has a whole tab dedicated to curve fitting. A user can instantly toggle between fitting curves to the average value of replicates or treat each replicate as an individual point. Any combination of 6 different model equations and 4 optional weighting algorithms can be applied on a per analyte basis or you can choose a custom fit to apply to the entire data set. As a bonus, use the BestFit feature and let MasterPlex choose for you!
2. You have advanced reporting or exporting needs: MasterPlex has a very cool drag and drop report builder right in the software. Easily add or remove one of the 21 different available data types to the report. Drill down, Excel-style into your data. Export to PDF, Text, Excel, CSV or HTML. The best part is that you only have to create a custom layout once. Save it in the template manager and reuse it with 1 click!
For even more advanced reporting needs MasterPlex has an Export Manager that supports multi-sheet Excel reports and various text and XML exporting formats that are often used to import data into a LIMS or data base.
3. You want to save time on your analyses: MasterPlex utilizes reusable templates to automate many steps in the analysis process including indicating QC and analysis settings and applying custom report formats. Even a novice user utilizing the template managers can move from data import to final report export in less than 10 seconds!
4. You want to standardize on one software package for all of your quantitative data: Most labs are generating quantitative data from multiple platforms. MasterPlex reads data from the following sources:
· LX/Bio-Plex 100
· LX/Bio-Plex 200
· FlexMAP 3D
· Meso Scale Discovery SECTOR®
· Most plate readers
Imagine standardizing not only on one analysis software package but on one report format!
5. You want to simplify your training process: MasterPlex has an intuitive tabbed interface that is supported by a number of short, easy to digest videos that can walk any user through analysis. Many labs like the fact that when a new member joins the team it does not take more than 30 minutes to get them trained on MasterPlex. Rather than having to train someone on multiple pieces of analysis software, many MasterPlex labs only have to train once.
How do I learn more?
Download a free fully functional 14-day trial today.