This procedure is for the Network license installations only.
MasterPlex Network License Manager Software Installation
- If you have not done so yet, download the MasterPlex Network License Manager.
- During this installation, please make sure you are logged on as administrator or
have administrative privileges.
- Please make sure that the license server computer is connected to the local area
network. It is required for proper function of the software.
- Please launch MasterPlex Network License Manager 2.0 downloaded from step1 and the InstallShield Wizard will guide you through the installation.
Start the MasterPlex Network License Manager Service
- On the Desktop, right-click on the My Computer icon and select Manage.
- Double-click Services and Applications and then Services to show the list of
- Right-click on MasterPlex Network License Manager and select Start.
- Make sure the service status has changed to Started.
Obtain Network License for MasterPlex Software
- Launch the MasterPlex Network License Manager and click on the Obtain License button. Press Unblock if the following window appears:
- Select MasterPlex License Manager from the pull-down menu and click Proceed
- Please note the Machine ID in this window as it is specific to the computer and is required when requesting for your license file.
- Next, please note the Validation Code that is included in the documentation or email when you purchased your software. If you made your purchase online, you will most likely receive your Validation Code via email. Otherwise, your Validation Code will be mailed to you along with the software package.
- Once you have your Machine ID and Validation Code squared away, please use our Product Registration Form to request for your license file.
- License type – Select the Network radio button.
- # of Concurrent Users – Choose the number of concurrent users based on the number of Validation Codes you have purchased. You will only have to specify 1 Validation Code because they will all be linked in our system
- Press the Submit button once you are done and you will receive your license file via email within 1 business day.
Install Network License for MasterPlex Software
- Once you receive your license file, save it to your local computer.
- Make sure you have Administrative Privileges before proceeding because it will be required for the successful installation of your license file. If you are unsure of the privileges to your user account, please consult with your IT group.
- Launch the MasterPlex License Manager.
- Click on the Install License button.
- Browse to your .lic license file and press Open.
- You should now be able to see the license you have just installed in the Installed Licenses table.
If the installation is successful, you will see a message saying that the license was successfully installed. If you run into an invalid license error message, please see the following list of some common causes:
- Make sure that you have administrative privileges when installing the license. You may need to contact your IT department to ask for assistance with this.
- Make sure that the Machine ID originated from the same computer that contains the MasterPlex Network License Manager and not one of the client computers. Also, double check that the machine ID is correct. Note that the “0″ may look like an “O” but there is no letter “O” in the machine ID. Please resubmit for another license if you have reported an incorrect machine ID.
- Make sure you have submitted the request for the correct software version. Please resubmit for another license if you have reported an incorrect version number.
Launch Client Software
- When an unlicensed version of MasterPlex is initially launched, a user will see the License Information window. If the License Information window does not pop up, you can do the following:
- For MasterPlex QT v5.x, MasterPlex ReaderFit v2.x, and MasterPlex EX v2.x, go to License->Applications and click on the splashscreen for the application of interest.
- For MasterPlex QT v4.x, MasterPlex ReaderFit v1.x, and MasterPlex EX v1.x, go to Help/Tools->Applications and click on the splashscreen for the application of interest.
- For MasterPlex CT, MasterPlex GT v2.3 and below, MasterPlex QT v3.0 and below, and MasterPlex QT EX, go to Help->License Information.
- Select Network Client License Mode and click Auto Detect to find the MasterPlex Network License Manager automatically.
- If it cannot find the license server automatically, you can manually type in the server information (IP address and port number) and click the Test button.
- To launch the software, press OK.
If you run into any issues launching or finding the MasterPlex Network License Manager, please make sure of the following:
- The MasterPlex Network License Manager service has been started. (Please see instructions above for Starting the MasterPlex Network License Manager Service.
- If you are using a firewall, please make sure the following ports have been added to the exceptions list:
- 12405 (TCP)
- 12483 (UDP)
If you have edited the port numbers, please make sure you use your configuration instead.